The Consulate has a well established Consular Section, which is providing all sort of consular facilities to Pakistani diaspora. The following consular services are provided in the Consulate:
Attestation of Documents
Guidelines / Requirements for attestation of documents
Attestation of Power of Attorney/Authority letter/Mukhtar-Nama/Affidavit
1. Requisite text should be printed on a paper/Stamp paper along with its photocopies.
2. In case of Spanish National, it should be attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs,
Kingdom of Spain.
3. Attach photocopies of NICOP / CNIC, Passport & NIE of the applicant.
4. A copy of ownership papers of property (In case of Power of Attorney for property).
5. Presence of two witnesses along with their Identification Documents like NIE & CNICs
6. Photocopies of NICOP / CNIC & NIE of the witnesses.
7. Applicant will sign and affix thumb impression in the presence of the Consulate’s authorized officer.
Attestation of Power of Attorney executed from Pakistan
Attestation of Nikah Nama / Marriage Certificate
Attestation of translated Nikah-Nama
1. Spanish Translation of the Nikah-Nama should be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad or its camp offices in Quetta/Karachi/Peshawar/Lahore (Pakistan).
2. Spanish translation of the Marriage certificate should be translated by a registered Translator of the Kingdom of Spain and countersigned by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Spain along with its photocopy.
3. Copies of CNIC / NICOP / Passport and NIE.
4. A copy of original Marriage Certificate.
1. Requisite text should be printed on a plain / legal paper along with its photocopy.
2. Attach a copy of Nikah Nama/Marriage Certificate and Three Photos.
3. Attach copies of CNICs/NICOPs, Passports and NIE.
4. Applicant will sign and affix thumb impression in the presence of the Consulate’s
1. Original academic documents need to be attested first by HEC or IBCC, and Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad, or from its respective Camp Offices in Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar and Quetta.
2. Copies of educational documents for the record of the Consulate.
3. Copies of CNIC / NICOP / Passport and NIE.
All other Pakistani documents
All other Pakistani documents should be attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad or its camp offices in Karachi/Quetta/Lahore/Peshawar.
All other Spanish documents
All other Spanish documents should be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Spain.
Note: Doubtful documents will be referred to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad or its camp offices in Lahore/Karachi/Quetta/Peshawar for verification (Applicant would be informed accordingly).
The Mission also works to protect and safeguard interests/rights of Pakistani nationals working/living in the region. Their welfare and protection is of paramount importance to us. We are also committed to help and support our people whenever they are in need of our support. The following welfare activities are carried out by the Mission.
- Consular access to Pakistanis imprisoned in Spanish jails and their welfare.
- Grievances of Pakistani community are heard and and resolved.
- Complaints regarding any issue received from Pakistani community is taken up with concerned authorities in Pakistan.
- Facilitation in repatriation of dead bodies of deceased Pakistanis
- Issuance of Emergency Travel Document (ETD) to those Pakistanis who travel in emergency cases
- Events are held to promote culture and tourism of Pakistan. Besides, tourism promotional material is displayed in the consulate building
Requirements for Various Community Welfare Services
1. Foreign Exchange Remittance Card (FERC)
2. Overseas Pakistanis Foundation Membership Card (OPF)
Note: Foreign Exchange Remittance Cards (FERC) and Overseas Pakistanis Foundation (OPF) Membership Cards can also be applied online through the OPF
3. Miscellaneous NOCs/ Certificates
Driving License verification
Copy of Driving License, passport, CNIC, NIE and confirmation of license of issuing authority
Copy of Degree / Certificate, passport, CNIC and NIE
Name verification is done according to passport and CNIC. Copy of passport, CNIC and NIE is required.
NOC for Dead body repatriation / burial
Copy of Death Information / Death Certificate, passport, CNIC of the deceased along with application for issuing NOC.
4. Attestation of Demand letter and Power of Attorney
Prior Attestations from Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Barcelona Chamber of Commerce and Industry are mandatory.
NADRA does not maintain a dedicated office for processing of ID Cards/NICOP/POCs in the Consulate. However, a facility is available on self help basis in the Consulate for those Pakistanis who cannot process their applications.