MUHAMMAD IMRAN ALI CHAUDHARY
- An officer of Foreign Service of Pakistan of the 1996 batch, Imran Ali is serving as Pakistan’s Consul General to Barcelona from July 2018. He has earlier served in Washington DC from 2000-2004 and in Toronto from 2009-2014. In Pakistan he has served in the Europe and US divisions of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and as director to Foreign Ministers Kasuri and Shah Mahmood Qureshi. His last appointment was as Director of the Common Training Program in Civil Services Academy for the 44th and 45th
- He was a Fulbright Scholar from 2006-2009 in Georgetown and George Washington Universities where he did his Masters and pre-phd coursework in International Politics, focusing on US relations with Pakistan and India. He also holds an MBBS degree from King Edward Medical College and MA degrees in History and Political Science from Punjab University.
- Imran believes that the Civil Services are the first interface of the state of Pakistan with its people, the first responders and the first problem solvers. He believes that compassion and empathy should be the foremost hallmark of all officers and people’s access to officers is of vital importance for this.
- He believes that the reality of Pakistan is totally different and from its distorted image and is in in fact a moderate, modern and deeply democratic state with loving, hospitable and brilliant people.
- Imran’s passion is Pakistan’s history and political structures as well as federalism and its complexities.